Monday, May 12, 2014

Meet Our Partners

Candy Mueller, 

Trinity Lutheran Church


This week we meet Candy Mueller from Trinity Lutheran Church. I hope you enjoy this opportunity to get to know her better.

Candy & Don Mueller
____________________________

What’s your favorite food?  
Chicken fried steak

And how about a favorite drink? 
Cherry diet coke from Sonic

Do you have a favorite movie? 
The Gods Must be Crazy

What about a favorite color?  
Blue

What is your favorite song or hymn?  
Take My Hand Precious Lord (Elvis Presley’s version)


And a favorite sport’s team?  
Clinton Red Tornadoes (what ever season it is)

How long have you been a member of Trinity? 
35 years

Tell me about your childhood.  Where did you grow up? brothers and sisters? schools? etc. 
I was the oldest of three girls.  I had the fortune of growing up in a small rural community called Fay, Oklahoma.  I went to school at Fay, after graduation I continued my education at SWOSU.  I have a master’s in education from Southwestern.  

What are some of your hobbies?  
My main hobby is fishing, but I also enjoy reading and doing counted cross-stitch.

How do you spend your days?  
From August through May I spend my days at Clinton Middle School.  I have worked for the Clinton Public Schools for 44 years.  After work I like to follow my husband Don around or sit on my porch and watch the wild birds, especially hummingbirds.   

If you could do anything you wanted to do (job, travel, etc.) what would it be?  
I would like to go fishing in every state. 

That sounds like fun! Tell me about your family. Go on, brag a little!  
I am married to Don Mueller.  We live on the place where he was born.  We have two children: Dr. Canda Mueller, a psychometrician for a testing company called Questar, located in Apple Valley, Minnesota.  Will Mueller, a driver for Dr.Pepper, located in Elk City, Ok.

What is the best church event you ever attended (e.g. picnic, potluck, worship, etc)?  
Where was it and what made it so special?  
I imagine I have two church events that were very special. They would be when our two children were baptized.

Baptisms are definitely memorable moments! Tell me about your fondest or most meaningful memory of an encounter you had with another Christian/s (e.g. parent, child, Sunday school teacher, pastor, friend, etc.)?
I would have to talk about the Sunday School Class that I attend on Sunday Mornings.  They are a very interesting group of people that keep me on my toes.  I am suppose to be the teacher, but I feel like a student with a lot to learn.  They have taught me a lot.

What do you hope will come of the faith partnership between our three congregations?
I hope it succeeds.  We have worked with Peace at Bessie for quite awhile now.  It has been good to share things going on in both churches.  I hope we will become more involved with Grace and their activities.

What’s the one question I didn’t ask that you wish I had?
What is my philosophy of life?  
What’s your answer?
If the sun don’t shine tomorrow.  People, I have had a good time.

I’ll be interviewing someone else like this next.  What is one question I should ask them?
What is their favorite book?  Mine is I Heard the Owl call my Name by Margaret Craven.

____________________________

Thanks Candy!  Make sure to tell Candy hello the next time you see her, and let her know you read about them in Meet Our Partners!

No comments:

Post a Comment