Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Meet Our Partners

Goldie Friedrich, 

Trinity Lutheran Church


This week we meet Goldie Friedrich from Trinity Lutheran Church. I hope you enjoy this opportunity to get to know her better.

Goldie Friedrich
____________________________

What’s your favorite food?
Brats & hot dogs

Mmm ... good German food!  And your favorite drink?
Diet Coke

Do you have a favorite movie?
Love Story and The African Queen

How about a favorite color?
Blue

What is your favorite song or hymn?
Children of the Heavenly Father

And do you have a favorite sports team?
OKC Thunder and the Clinton Red Tornadoes

How long have you been a member of Trinity?
Since 1956 (58 years).  

Tell me about your childhood.  Where did you grow up? brothers and sisters? schools? etc.
I grew up on a farm in Arapaho, Oklahoma.  I was one of 11 children and I had a good childhood! My family spoiled the 11th child and I was the 11th child!

What are some of your hobbies?
My grandchildren and great-grandchildren.  I have 3 grandchildren and 4 great-grandchildren.

How do you spend your days?
Facebook, computer, reading, and the new iPad I my family gave me for my 90th birthday

Tell me about your family. Go on, brag a little!
I'm proud of them. They all have good jobs and I feel very fortunate. They all came to help me celebrate my 90th birthday. And they all come to visit me every Christmas.

What's your favorite Bible passage or Bible story? Why?
Joshua 24:15 - "As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."  This was the verse that was read when my husband and I got married.
I also really like Psalm 23

If you could do anything you wanted to do (job, travel, etc.) what would it be?  
I'd go to Colorado on vacation.

Who was or is the most influential person in your life? Why?
My mother.  She was next door to an angel.  She raised 11 kids and she was always there for us. And my mother-in-law was pretty good, too!

What is the best church event you ever attended (e.g. picnic, potluck, worship, etc)?  
Where was it and what made it so special?
I don't remember the date, but it was when we hosted the state's Lutheran Women's Guild meeting at Trinity and I was in charge. It was a lot of work, but everybody got together and made it a success.

Tell me about your fondest or most meaningful memory of an encounter you had with another Christian/s (e.g. parent, child, Sunday school teacher, pastor, friend, etc.)?
Oh, that would probably be Mrs. Goeringer, Eldon's mom, when she welcomed me back to church after I'd had a stroke.  She was really interested in how I was.  I just knew that she really cared.

____________________________

Thanks Goldie!  Make sure to tell Goldie hello the next time you see her, and let her know you read about them in Meet Our Partners!

No comments:

Post a Comment