Monday, January 13, 2014

Meet Our Partners

Doug Chain, 

Grace Lutheran Church


Doug Chain from Grace Lutheran Church was kind enough to help with this first installment of Meet Our Partners.  Doug is in his second year serving as Council President.

I hope you enjoy this opportunity to get to know Doug a little better.
Doug with his son, Luke

_________________________

OK Doug, let's start with some easy ones.  What’s your favorite food?   
Chips and Salsa

And your favorite drink?  
Mountain Dew, though I don’t have it very often

What's your favorite movie? 
I like comic book movies.  My current favorite is The Avengers.

And color?  
Blue

Do you have a favorite song?  
That changes week-to-week.  Right now it’s when Luke sings “Jesus Loves Me!”

And how about a sport’s team?  Are you an OU or an OSU guy?  
OSU Cowboys.  Go Pokes!

How long have you been a member of Grace?  
Four and a half years

Where did you grow up?  
Oakwood, Oklahoma

What are some of your hobbies? 
Golf and playing guitar (though I’m not very good at either), and cooking

How do you spend your days?  
I work at The Bank of The West in Thomas.  I’ve been there for 10 years.

Tell me about your family. Go on, brag a little!  
Raygan and I have been married for 5 ½ years, and our son Luke turned 2 in August.  I have two older sisters (I’m the baby of the family), 4 nieces and a nephew.  Raygan has two brothers, three nieces and a nephew, and all of our immediate family lives within an hour and a half of us.

If you could live one day of your life over again, which day would it be and why?  
Our wedding day.  The day went too quickly, and I’d like to be able to do it over, slow it down, and enjoy the moment a little more.

What is the best church event you ever attended (e.g. picnic, potluck, worship, etc)?  
Where was it and what made it so special? 
The joint worship service at Grace on Dec. 29th was pretty special to me.  Seeing everything come together to accommodate everyone, and the cooperation and fellowship we had to get everything switched around, and the put back when we were done really made me realize what a great group of people all three of our congregations are made of.

Tell me about your fondest or most meaningful memory of an encounter you had with another Christian?  
My dad has been the biggest Christian influence in my life.  For almost 40 years he’s been leading me by example, and never fail to learn (or re-learn) things from his advice and the example he sets for me.  Now, I’m trying to be that kind of an influence for my son Luke.

What do you hope will come of the faith partnership between our three congregations?  
I hope to establish long-term stability for our congregations, and to grow our members in spirit and fellowship with each other.

I’ll be interviewing someone else like this next.  What is one question I should ask them? 
If you could do anything you wanted to do (job, travel, etc.) what would it be?  
If I could, I’d make and sell beef jerky and salsa for a living.


_________________________

I appreciate Doug's willingness to go first.  Next time you see Doug, say hello and tell him you read about him in Meet Our Partners! 

No comments:

Post a Comment