Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Meet Our Partners

Jayden Evans, 

Peace Lutheran Church


This week we're meeting with Jayden Evans from Peace Lutheran Church. Jayden is a freshman at SWOSU, and serves as the Peer Minister for the Lutheran Campus Ministry.  Enjoy!
Jayden Evans
_________________________

So let's start with the quick response ones we do each week. What's your favorite food?   
Spaghetti

And your favorite drink?  
Coke

What movie do you consider to be your favorite? 
Ender’s Game

And your favorite color?  
Blue

As a musician, I'm sure you have a favorite song, right?  
“Gone, Gone, Gone” – Phillip Phillips

And how about a favorite sport’s team?  
New York Jets

How long have you been a member of Peace? 
 
I have been a member since before I can remember. I was confirmed my 8th grade year.

Where did each of you grow up?  
We first lived in Weatherford, and then we moved to Bessie

What are some of your hobbies? 
Reading and listening to music

Other than being a student and working with the campus ministry, how do you spend your days?  
I practice my trombone, spend time with friends, and play games.

Tell me about your family.
My parents are Daniel and Tammy Evans. I have one little brother, Kendrick.

If you could relive one day of your life, what day would it be?
I would relive my experience of performing at the All-State convention. It was so fun to travel with all of my friends and it was the ultimate pay off after all of our hard work.

What is the best church event you ever attended (e.g. potluck, worship, etc)?  
Where was it and what made it so special? 
The joint service was amazing! It was so nice to see all the churches together.

I agree, those are very special events! Tell me about your fondest or most meaningful memory of an encounter you had with another Christian?  
A few years back, I saw a prose reading from “Is Heavan for Real?” The story itself is very touching. In addition, the performer portrayed the story very well. The story and experience stuck with me because it was amazing to hear a child tell stories about God without having been told to him before.

What are your hopes for the Lutheran Campus Ministry?  
I hope that it will grow and is able to spread the Word. I want it to become a community for students to share their faith.

And finally, if you could do anything you wanted to do (job, travel, etc.) what would it be?
I would love to travel the world. I want to experience different cultures, meet new people, and see new things.

Thanks Jayden!

_________________________

Next time you see Jayden, be sure to tell him you read about him in Meet Our Partners! 

No comments:

Post a Comment